Aquabotix, an underwater robotics company with operations in Australia and the U.S., today released SwarmDiverTM, a micro unmanned surface vehicle (USV) and unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) that operates in a swarm. Multiple SwarmDiverTM can function simultaneously as a single coordinated entity, be easily controlled via one operator on the surface, and perform dives on command to collect valuable intelligence. SwarmDiverTM can be viewed in operation here:
SwarmDiverTM in a swarm of approximately 30 units encircling a vessel.
Whitney Million, Aquabotix’s Chief Executive Officer, commented, “This vehicle is a game-changer for both the industry and Aquabotix. Until today, there were simply no micro hybrid USV/UUV vehicles and no swarming unmanned vehicles with diving capabilities, commercially available in the industry. Aquabotix has changed that.
Maritime swarming is rapidly becoming an area of focus for naval forces globally, and SwarmDiverTM leads a revolution in underwater technologies. SwarmDiverTM advances amphibious warfare tactics as it is engineered to handle dynamic operational situations, including Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions and sophisticated, coordinated assaults through tracking, trailing and overwhelming targets.
In addition to defense and security applications, SwarmDiverTM can be deployed in research, harbour management and oceanography.”
The key details of SwarmDiverTM are set out below:
• miniaturized – weighing just 1.7kg at a length of 75cm,
• vertical dive capability,
• ability to operate as both a UUV (diving underwater) and a USV (on the surface),
• 50 meter dive-depth,
• easily deployable and recoverable,
• wireless data feedback upon surfacing,
• high accuracy temperature (+/-0.1℃) and pressure sensor (+/- 2cm depth),
• additional sensor payloads available,
• multi-constellation GPS for +/-1m location accuracy,
• deployable in groups for synoptic data gathering,
• sustained surf zone operation, and
• low cost.
For more information about the SwarmDiverTM Micro USV/UUV, please visit www.aquabotix.com.
Chief Executive Officer
Tel: +1 508 676 1000
About UUV Aquabotix Limited